Dock Worker PM Shift PIT
We are seeking a Dock Worker / Warehouse. You will be responsible for safely operating a forklift loading and unloading trucks and various other warehouse duties.
Hours: 2:30 PM to 11:00 PM Monday through Friday Home: daily.
Description of Essential Job Functions:
- Adhere to company safety policies
- Available to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends due to varying freight volumes.
- Efficiently sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized freight using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including pallet jack, forklift and by hand as needed.
- Safely climb in and out of trailers.
- Lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs frequently and greater than 75 lbs occasionally).
- Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies (e.g. pallets, straps, rope).
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery.
- Verify and complete required documentation and reports.
- Frequent contact with service center personnel; fast-pace and deadline oriented.
- Safely work in adverse weather conditions.
- Prompt, daily attendance at assigned work location.
- Hours: Monday thru Friday 2:30 PM to 11:00 PM (Flexible)
- Starting wage between $13.00 – $15.00 based on experience.
- This is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements and/or duties and may not contain all mental and physical capabilities necessary to perform the job at all times due to circumstances
Skills & Experience:
- At least 18 years of age.
- Highly motivated individual with attention to detail.
- Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator.
- Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
- Ability to bend, twist, squat, pushing/pulling freight throughout shift.
- Ability to follow instructions and complete required training.
- Ability to work independently and/or as a team member.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.
- Prior dock/warehouse experience in the transportation industry is a plus.
- Prior forklift experience in a freight / less than truckload environment preferred.
- Prior experience loading and unloading trailers preferred.
- Pass a company paid Post Offer Pre-Hire screen (physical essential functions) test.
Vision, Life, Dental, Health/Medical, Short term Disability, Paid Holidays, 401K with Company match, Uniforms, Associate Discounts, Wellness Programs and Incentives, Vacation & PTO